The original part of Edgefield was constructed in the 1860s and a wing added during the 1880s. The house was a small summer hotel during the later years of the 19th Century, known as the Curry House.

When it returned to a private residence in the early 20th Century, a large front porch was removed and the façade altered in the Greek Revival style.

Nine-foot-tall clear leaded glass windows and doors and a small entry porch were added. From 1916 to 1976 the residence was the third in a family compound of summer houses; the other two are across Washington Street.

Proprietor Daniel Wood greets guests at Edgefield.
The dining room
Edgefield is decorated throughout in English Country house style. Patterns abound! A life-long collection of antique English and American furniture; paintings, water colors and drawings; lamps and Oriental rugs, as well as small silver boxes, baskets and candlesticks, complement the Edwardian architecture of the house.
The Drawing Room
The fireplace in the library/foyer was added, using an old mantel. A portrait of Cordelia presides over the library, while Uncles Edouard and Alfonse hang in the living room.
The 50-foot veranda across the back of the house overlooks nine wooded, never-developed acres. During the summer, guests often read or take afternoon tea there.
The Library / Foyer

Edgefield Bed and Breakfast • Washington Street • Post Office Box 152
Sharon Springs, New York  13459
© 2008-12 Daniel Marshall Wood
Designed by Joanna Bateman Studio